So yesterday was the last day of the Booktube-a-Thon…I didn’t end up reading as much as I had wanted to, or the books I was planning on. It was still a lot of fun, and I loved following the YouTube channel and seeing everyone’s challenges and updates. Thanks to Ariel and everyone who helped organize the event!
I was on vacation for the first four days of the readathon, and for one of those I was in the car the whole day so I couldn’t get any reading done that day (I have really bad motion sickness. I wish I could read in the car without throwing up, but I can’t). I wasn’t really in the reading mood this week, and I was really lazy. I slept a LOT. Despite that, I was actually pretty happy with what I did manage to read.
Books I Finished:
- Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale 323 pages
- Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard 338 pages
- Matilda by Roald Dahl 240 pages
Books I Read Part Of:
- The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury 52 pages
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells 41 pages
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins 170 pages
Reading Challenges I Completed:
- Read a Book with Pictures (Wanderlove)
- Read a Book with Red on the Cover (Palace of Stone)
- Read a Book to Movie Adaptation (Matilda)
- Read a Book Someone Else Picks Out for You ( Matilda)
So I think that was pretty good! As for the books I read part of, for The Martian Chronicles, I stopped because I wanted to take my time and not rush through it (I was loving it though). I stopped the Time Machine because I didn’t really like it and I couldn’t get interested in it. And I only read part of Rebel Belle because the readathon ended. I had a lot of fun even though I’m not ecstatic about the amount I read. I think that I probably read more than I usually do in a week, and I enjoyed it, so that’s all that matters, right?
Final Page Count: 1,164