Reasons I Rarely Buy Books:
- Money. I don’t have a job, but I am expected to pay for my own stuff, so books aren’t really what I want to spend it on. The only time I really get books is if my parents buy me them or I have a gift card.
- I love the library! It’s one of my favorite places. It’s quiet and air-conditioned and no one can bother me there. My mom used to take me to the library really often as a kid, so I’ve always loved to go there and check out books.
- The closest book store is a Barnes & Noble half an hour away. All I have is a learner’s permit, so I can’t drive, and plus, I’ve always been a Borders girl (although that’s not an option anymore *sob*). Barnes & Noble is kind of overpriced, and I would like to support independent bookstores if I did buy books.
- I don’t have enough space! My room is really, really small and books already take up a lot of space in there.
- Whenever I do actually buy books, they end up sitting unread for a long time. I’m a very moody reader and I only read what I’m really in the mood for, which changes very often.
- I don’t reread very often, and I think a lot of the books that I read now, I will have no interest in the future (they will probably even embarrass me a bit).
One day, I would love to buy every book I read, but that’s some day, not now. I would probably miss the library though!